Transport Funding Workshop
Smart, Green and Integrated Transport
10am to 12.30pm, Wednesday 16 May 2018
Greater Manchester Combined Authority, 1st Floor Churchgate House, Oxford Street, Manchester, M1 6EU
Horizon 2020 is the biggest EU Research and Innovation programme ever with nearly €80 billion of funding available over seven years (2014 to 2020). The funding is distributed through a number of calls for projects under a number of themes, including Transport.
The Horizon 2020 Work Programme for Trasnport 2018/20 has a budget of €944m for 2018-2020 and despite Brexit UK authorities are eligible to take part. At the workshop attendees will be able to find out more about the opportunities to access this funding and the calls for projects that will be open until 2020. The session will include presentations from Louise Mothersole, UK National Contact Point for Horizon 2020 Transport and case studies from Transport for Greater Manchester.
There will also be the option of a one-to-one ‘surgery’ for anyone wishing to discuss specific project ideas with the National Contact Point.
Open Calls 2018/20
The 2018/20 Work Programme covers over 50 different calls under the following priorities:
- Building a low-carbon, climate resilient future: low-carbon and sustainable transport.
- Safe, integrated and resilient transport systems.
- Global leadership and competitiveness.
- Accounting for the people.
- Blue Growth.
- Digitising and Transforming European Industry and Services: Automated Road Transport.
- Building a low-carbon, climate resilient future: Green Vehicles.
How to Register
To register please email your name, organisation and contact details to María González
This workshop is supported by the Urban Transport Group, Greater Manchester Combined Authority and the Liverpool City Region.
1. EU Funding Review
- Latest on UK participation in EU programmes
- General Intro on the EU programmes that are open to UK participants in 2018 and 2019
2. Horizon 2020 - Transport Work Programme 2018-19 and other Crosscutting actions in support of transport
- Overview of the calls for 2018/20
- Facilitated by Louise Mothersole, H2020 National Contact Point Transport, Innovate UK
3. EU Transport case studies
- Case Studies from Transport for Greater Manchester
4. Q & A
5. Close and light lunch