Andy Burnham has been elected Mayor of Greater Manchester.
Andy will join Greater Manchester’s Combined Authority as its chair and eleventh member. The leaders of the 10 councils will form the Mayor’s Cabinet. He will also be supported by a Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime, and a Deputy Mayor for Economic Growth and Business.
Deputy mayors and cabinet members
- Baroness Beverley Hughes - Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime
- Sir Richard Leese, Manchester City Council - Deputy Mayor for Economic Growth and Business
- Councillor Rishi Shori, Bury Council - portfolio holder for young people and social cohesion
- City Mayor Paul Dennett, Salford City Council - portfolio holder for housing, planning and homelessness
- Councillor Alex Ganotis, Stockport Council - lead for environment, green spaces and air quality
- Councillor Sean Anstee, Trafford Council - portfolio lead for Skills, Employment, and Apprenticeships
- Councillor Jean Stretton, Oldham Council - lead for Equality, Fairness and Inclusion
- Lord Peter Smith, Wigan Council - porfolio lead for the transformation of health and social care services
- Councillor Cliff Morris, Bolton Council - portfolio lead for culture, arts and leisure