There’s a hive of activity across the Greater Manchester Combined Authority this week, thanks to the Health and Wellbeing team.
During the second annual ‘wellbeing week’ (29/1 - 2/2) the team will be providing colleagues with a range of support to help everyone ‘keep well, feel well and stay well’.
Each day of the week will focus on a different area of wellbeing, ranging from good sleep patterns, health checks, to the right amount of exercise, and improving mental fitness - all with the common goal of sharing the tools for a healthier lifestyle.
The key activities for each of the days throughout wellbeing week are:
- Monday – the team will be at Churchgate House offering staff health workshops and mental wellbeing care.
- Tuesday – the team will be at Fire Stations across Greater Manchester, offering staff health workshops and mental wellbeing care.
- Wednesday – the wellbeing team will be sharing tips and tools to support better wellbeing across the organisation. There are also joint activities with GM Moving, with circuits in the evening.
- Thursday – Its national #TimetoTalk day! Brew stations are being set up across the organisation, encouraging staff to take a few moments and talk to each other.
- Friday – Staff will be exploring their inner selves – featuring a happiness café and mindfulness sessions with a particular focus on the ever important sleep habits.
These sessions allow members of staff across the Combined Authority to take a minute’s break to understand how best they can look after themselves, and how to make changes for a healthier life.
The groundwork that is laid during the week is then carried on throughout the year, with continued support offered and available to all staff whenever they need it.
With wellbeing being a key priority with the Combined Authority, the organisation has pledged their commitment to improving the support and tools to enable staff to be at their best in the work place.