Do you feel like you’re missing something? It could be because you’ve not finished completing your Census form yet.
If you have not completed yours, then don’t panic. There is still time.
You and your household will need to complete your Census by 17th May. The Census is required by law.
Census 2021 is a digital-first Census for the first in its history, which means it’s now even easier to complete your Census. You should have received a unique access code which means you can complete your Census on your computer, phone or tablet.
It is crucial that all residents of Greater Manchester are counted, and extensive support is available for those who are unable or would prefer not to complete it online.
Paper questionnaires are available for anyone who wants one and they can be requested by:
- Calling the free phone number 0800 141 2021
- Visiting the ONS website – Request a paper questionnaire (external website)
You can also request a paper version in large print, Braille, audio description, British Sign Language and other languages.
Census staff are also available to carry out the Census over the phone, and using translators:
- Appointments can be booked by calling the free phone number 0800 141 2021
- Translators can be booked by calling the free phone number 0800 587 2021
- Relay UK users dial 18001 followed by the phone number you need
Additional support and information:
- Online: visit the ONS website – About the Census (external website)
- By phone: call the free phone support centre 0800 141 2021
- In person: Census Support Centres have been set up in local community venues where staff will be able to help answer general census queries, help you to fill in your online census or paper form, and discuss other ways to support you. All the centres are operating in a Covid-safe way. Find out more about the Census Support Centres in your borough.
Census officers are currently knocking on doors across Greater Manchester as a reminder and to offer guidance and support for completion. Census officer visits will be between:
- Monday to Saturday 9am – 8pm
- Sundays and Bank Holidays 10am - 4pm
Census officers will never enter your home, and they will never ask for money.
It’s vital you and your household complete the Census. The data collected will provide insight and fresh information for central government and Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) to help future decisions on planning and funding public services across the city-region for the next ten years, including transport, education and healthcare.
Article Published: 15/04/2021 15:39 PM