We will ensure that Greater Manchester has the digital infrastructure it needs to be a world class digital city region.
- Remove bandwidth as a barrier to our social, economic and public sector reform objectives.
- Deliver ubiquitous high speed digital connectivity over full fibre and 4G & 5G mobile across the whole city region by 2025.
- Accelerate market investment by:
- Extending network reach by connecting over 1500 public sector sites and assets with Full Fibre across Greater Manchester
- Making public sector buildings and other assets available for infrastructure to support 5G roll out
- Driving market investment in fibre and mobile by minimizing roll out costs through a prospectus agreed by Greater Manchester local authorities
Digital Infrastructure Strategy
Greater Manchester 5G and town-centre Wi-Fi programme
Greater Manchester seeks supplier for GM One Network
Save the World (Wide Web) - emotional inoculation