Innovative Public Services
We want to apply exemplar digital ideas and practice to delivering public services in Greater Manchester, linking innovative business, academic and public sector thinking with the needs of Greater Manchester’s people.
- Foster innovation by engaging with best digital practice to find better solutions to local problems
- Use data responsibly and effectively to improve decision making, and support those people most in need
- Link key initiatives and re use digital assets and investments
- Make non personal data open by default where it is of value to the people of Greater Manchester
- Ensure digital services are consistently available and resilient, with clear contingency plans
- Provide open, transparent information on how we are progressing towards these aims and how decisions are being made
- Greater Manchester Information Sharing Strategy (GMCA)
- Greater Manchester Local Data Review and Office of Data Analytics (GMCA)
- Smart Ticketing (TfGM)
- NHS Digital Fund (Greater Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership)
- Greater Manchester Cyber and Resilience (GMCA and GMP)
Greater Manchester Data
Greater Manchester makes a range of free data sets available and is working to extend this.
- MappingGM is the home of almost 300 mapping datasets - https://mappinggm.org.uk/
- Transport for GM’s real time open data portal - https://developer.tfgm.com/
Greater Manchester Digital Health and Care
We now live in a world where technology is part of our daily lives, from paying bills, to online shopping, to keeping up with news – the way we do things has been completely transformed because of digital technology. We want to bring this level of digital disruption into our public services to give you greater control over your own health and wellbeing and transform the way in which you use services so they better meet your needs.
Find out more about the work we’re undertaking to bring digital technology to health and care in GM with our colleagues from: