Greater Manchester's digital ecosystem showcased through month long campaign
In February 2020, the GMCA launched the Greater Manchester Digital Blueprint. The blueprint sets out our 3 years aims as a digital city-region and aims to empower and enable people and businesses through innovation, integration, infrastructure, industry and inclusion to ensure that no-one is left behind
As we continue to develop Greater Manchester as a world-leading digital city region, with an ongoing commitment to taking an open, innovative and connective approach to delivering that ambition, we will ensure our digital city-region is well celebrated and showcased. Digitober is just one way we will do this, a whole month dedicated to creating and sharing content that celebrates Greater Manchester’s digital sector and how we are a city-region doing digital differently.
So far, Digitober has proudly included:
- People powered innovation blog from GMCA Director for Digital, Phil Swan
- Digital Her - inspiring young women into tech and digital blog from Manchester Digital
- Supporting Get Online Week and summarising local activity
- "How Greater Manchester is helping people to thrive in a digital world" event - Friday 22nd October
- Case study on a recent partnership between TalkTalk and DWP to support jobseekers to get online
- Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham opening the Greater Manchester AI Foundry showcase event
Cllr Andrew Western, GMCA Lead for Digital, Work and Skills said " I’m really pleased to see Digitober return this year, it’s important that in what has been a particularly challenging year we still celebrate the successes we have seen – and in Greater Manchester’s digital sector there has been many. From rapid digital transformation to a strong and steadfast focus on fixing the digital divide, the sector has really come together recently, as we all work towards our ambition of becoming a world leading digital city region."
More content will be shared throughout October, further information is available on Digitober and how to get involved.
Article Published: 13/10/2021 15:22 PM