Select Committee Responses
A number of Government Select Committees have established inquiries relating to the impact of Covid-19 (Coronavirus). Greater Manchester is playing its part in shaping the national response and you can read these on this page.
The Transport Committee is asking transport workers, stakeholders and members of the public to write to them about the transport issues they face during the coronavirus outbreak. Members of Parliament (MPs) will explore the impact felt by the industry, its workers and passengers in a rolling programme of work to monitor the impact of coronavirus on UK transport, sector by sector.
- Transport - inquiry (opens in a new tab)
- Transport (Local Rail) - Greater Manchester's Response
- Transport (Local Transport) - Greater Manchester's Response
- Transport (Long-term and Strategic Infrastructure) - Greater Manchester's Response
The Treasury Committee launched the first stage of this inquiry on 18 March when it issued a call for evidence on the speed, effectiveness and reach of the Government’s and Bank of England’s immediate financial responses to coronavirus. The Committee will continue to highlight gaps in support to the Treasury.
- Economic impact of coronavirus - inquiry (opens in a new tab)
- Economic impact - Greater Manchester's response
Homelessness and the private rented sector
The HCLG Committee has launched an inquiry into the Impact of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) on homelessness and the private rented sector. It will consider both the immediate and long-term impact that the COVID-19 pandemic is having on the homeless, rough sleepers and those in the private rented sector.
- Homelessness and private rented sector - inquiry (opens in a new tab)
- Homelessness and private rented sector - Greater Manchester's response
Businesses and workers
- Businesses and workers - inquiry (opens in a new tab)
- Businesses and Workers - Greater Manchester's response
Home Office preparedness
The Home Affairs Committee is undertaking a short inquiry into the Home Office’s preparations for and response to Covid-19 (Coronavirus).