Consultation on Greater Manchester’s Plan for Homes, Jobs, and the Environment
(the spatial framework)
The Greater Manchester Spatial Framework consultation closed March, 18th 2019 and responses are now available to view.
What is this plan and why do we need it?
This plan is about providing the right homes, in the right places, for people across our city region. It’s about creating jobs and improving infrastructure to ensure the future prosperity of Greater Manchester.
The plan talks about jobs and homes, but it’s about so much more than bricks and mortar. It's about reducing inequalities, improving the lives of our residents, and transforming Greater Manchester into the world-leading city-region we know it can be.
We have to prove we have enough land available to deliver the homes people need up until 2037. If we don't, we will have less control over the future shape of Greater Manchester, and growth will take place without being properly planned for the benefit of all.
If we get this plan right, we can do it our way and steer development in a way that works for us - delivering the coordinated, strategic improvements we need in the city region.
Where to view Greater Manchester’s Plan for Homes, Jobs and the Environment
The plan for Greater Manchester’s Plan for Homes, Jobs and the Environment (the spatial framework) can be viewed online or downloaded as a pdf:
- Greater Manchester’s Plan for Homes, Jobs, and the Environment (FULL DRAFT)
- Greater Manchester's Plan for Homes, Jobs and the Environment (OVERVIEW)
- Download a pdf of the full draft
- Download a pdf of the overview document
Navigating the information
This is a lengthy, complex plan supported by detailed technical and legal information. To try and make it as easy as possible for you to navigate your way through the information, we have put together a library of supporting information.
The consultation is now closed.
Why did we consult and what happens next?
The Greater Manchester Plan for Homes, Jobs and Environment (Spatial Framework) consultation ran from 14 January to 18 March 2019. Local people are the driving force behind Greater Manchester's success. It's important that local people were able to have their say on the future of the place they call home, and help shape its transition into a world-leading city region.
Our current timetable is:
- October 2019 - Publication of feedback and responses from the January-March 2019 Consultation
- Early 2020 – Programme of engagement around evidence, for example transport, affordable housing and viability.
- Summer 2020 - Next phase of public consultation
- December 2020-January 2021 – Submission of final plan for examination
- May-October 2021 - Examination of the plan
- December 2021 - Publication (adoption) of the plan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0161 778 7000