Good Night Out Guide branding - stickers and smiley faces on bright acid pink background

How to report or get help

Need to report something or get help?

There are people you can call and message for help and support if you find yourself in threatening situations, if you or a friends’ drink has been spiked, and if you have been a victim. 

Greater Manchester Police (GMP)

Report online using LiveChat on the GMP website or over the phone by calling 101. In an emergency always call 999.

Any information on spiking should always be reported; reports are taken seriously, and spiking can carry a 10-year prison sentence.

Ask for ‘Angela’

If you feel unsafe, vulnerable, or threatened then you can discreetly seek help by approaching venue staff and asking them for ‘Angela’. This will indicate to staff that you require help, and a trained member of staff will support and help you.

If you suspect you or a friend has been spiked

If you or a friend appear unwell, dizzy, or incapacitated then stay with them, seek medical help, alert the premises, and contact Greater Manchester Police straight away.

Reporting a bar, club, or taxi

Report a venue or taxi that hasn’t operated in a safe way to Greater Manchester Police (external website).

Manchester Metropolitan University Report and Support

Report campus incidents anonymously or to an advisor through MMU’s website (external website)

University Area Neighbourhood Policing Team

Report incidents in Manchester’s University areas by phoning 0161 856 6192 or emailing the Fallowfield Policing Team.

GM Victims Services

If you have been a victim of a crime, or want to help someone who has, you can call a helpline for advice on 0800 876 6155 or visit Greater Manchester Victims Services (external website)