Business Investment Fund
If the video above doesn't work please visit YouTube directly to watch our Business Investment Fund video (YouTube).
So far, the Core Business Fund has made £100m of investments across a variety of sectors including digital and creative, manufacturing, engineering and services. The Fund offers loans and equity of between £0.20m and £5m at commercial rates for businesses looking to create jobs in the region.
- A viable business proposal with a demonstrable gap in funding
- Match funding from the private sector
- The business is or will become a registered supporter of the Good Employment Charter
- A link to job creation in the Greater Manchester region
- The focus will be in one of the sectors of the fund: digital and creative, life science, low carbon, advanced manufacturing and foundational economy
The Fund is not sector restrictive and supports a wide cross section of industries.
Foundational Economy is governed by the Social enterprise framework, find out more information on the framework and criteria (PDF, 527KB).
What we will need from you
- Business plan
- Background and history of the business
- CV’s of the management team
- Overview of the business product / service offering including an analysis of the market and competitors where relevant
- Growth strategy for the business, including job growth
- Summary of financial performance to date and forecasts
- Fund raise information including: total investment requirement, level of investment sought from the Core Business Fund, investment already secured and details of what the investment will be spent on
Other related funds
Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund
The Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund (NPIF) is a key part of the government’s ‘Northern Powerhouse’ vision, which aims to end the historic North/South divide and create economic prosperity in the North of England on par with London and the South East.
NPIF aims to nurture regional entrepreneurship by providing investment and support for small and medium businesses. NPIF's funding will support new and growing SMEs (small to medium sized enterprise), create jobs and encourage and attract additional private sector investment.
NPIF provides commercial finance through three types of product funds:
- Microfinance managed by Business Finance Solutions (£25k-£100k)
- Debt Finance managed by FW Capital (£100k-£750k)
- Equity Finance managed by Maven Capital (£50k-£2m)
Growth Company Business Loans
Growth Company provides business loans from £3,000 to £100,000 to businesses across Greater Manchester and Cheshire who are unable to raise the finance they need to either start up a new business or finance an existing business.
To apply businesses will need to be able to demonstrate a viable business plan, which shows the ability to make repayments and create or protect jobs as a result of the finance.