The Greater Manchester Investment Fund is a series of investment funds aimed at encouraging business growth and investment in property and infrastructure.
Achievements to date:
- £100m invested into over 90 businesses in Greater Manchester creating/safeguarding over 7,150 jobs.
- Commercial property funds have supported the development of 330,794 sq mt of commercial floor space and the redevelopment of 23 hectares of brownfield land.
- £423m invested into residential development across 40 sites in Greater Manchester, supporting the building of over 5,150 new homes.
- Private sector funds leveraged to date of circa £1 billion.
- Creation of Greater Manchester Fund of Funds to oversee the investment of £60m funding under the 2014-2020 European Regional Development Fund programme.
Overall, our ambition is for Greater Manchester to become a financially self-sustaining city, sitting at the heart of a Northern Powerhouse with the size, the assets, the skilled population and political and economic influence to rival any global city. We are hugely optimistic about our future as a place to invest.