The Night Time Economy Strategy for 2022-2024 was developed by the GMCA Culture and Night Time Economy Team with advice from Night Time Economy Adviser Sacha Lord, based on conversations with employers, workers, and national organisations.
It sets out how the wide variety of businesses and individuals operating in the sector will be supported over the next three years by the work of the GMCA Culture and Night Time Economy Team, the Night Time Economy Adviser and the Night Time Economy Panel, which represents operators, local authorities, the VCSE sector, the Greater Manchester Combined Authority and Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM).
You can read the full strategy here:
The Strategy identifies seven priority areas for action:
- Safety – for residents, for visitors, and for workers who deserve a safe and secure environment
- Diversity – ensuring our night time economy is diverse, reflective of, and accessible to all communities
- Workers – moving towards improved pay, conditions, mental health and wellbeing, and career pathways
- Transport – working with Transport for Greater Manchester and private partners to ensure safe access and that transport isn’t a barrier to growth
- National and International Partnerships – building on the global success of United We Stream and supporting collaboration with UK and international partners
- Regeneration – supporting the night time economy as a vehicle to revitalise high streets and town centres
- Business and Sector Support – delivering night time economy surgeries in all 10 boroughs and building dedicated support networks across the city-region
The Night Time Economy Strategy is supported by Greater Manchester Night Time Economy Blueprint and the Greater Manchester Night Time Economy COVID-19 Recovery Blueprint: