This consultation document explains why GMCA considers that bus franchising remains the right way to reform the bus market having considered the possible effects of Covid-19.
Consultation Document - Individual sections
- Consultation questions and supporting information
- Overview of the Assessment and the Proposed Franchising Scheme
- The effects of Covid-19 on the bus market
- The Scenarios
- Strategic Case
- Economic Case
- Commercial Case
- Financial Case
- Management Case
- The Proposed Franchising Scheme
- Overall conclusion
- Assurance review
- Whether or not to proceed with Proposed Franchising Scheme now
- Final questions
- Appendix 1: Consultation Questions
- Appendix 2: Where can I pick up a hard copy of the Consultation Document and Questionnaire?
- Appendix 3: Draft Proposed Franchising Scheme
- Appendix 4: Auditor’s report
Covid-19 Impact Report
This Report details the potential impact and effects of the Covid-19 pandemic on the steps undertaken by TfGM and GMCA when considering the introduction of a proposed bus franchising scheme for Greater Manchester.
Sub Area Map
Previous Consultation Documentation
To read the documentation relating to the previous Doing Buses Differently consultation (Oct 2019 to Jan 2020), including the original Assessment, Consultation Document and the Outcome Reports, please go to this web page.
Fri 4 Dec - Updated Consultation Document - minor amends
Updated Consultation Document Correction note
Mon 7 Dec - Sub Area map added
Thu 10 Dec - Exhibition Space and Chat Sessions added to GMConsult page
Monday 4 Jan - Extra consultation button added to GMConsult page
Fri 8 Jan - Updated Bus Consultation Covid-19 Impact report- minor amends
Added Bus Consultation Covid-19 Impact Report Correction note